ADW Modula-2, © ADW Software is the successor of Stony Brook Modula-2, and is released as freeware.
- ADW Modula-2 is for Windows only
- ADW Modula-2 allows development of both 32- and 64-bits programs on the Windows platform.
- No support is given, neither by ADW Software, nor by modula2.org.
- Use the feedback form for your comments.
To download the most recent version of the package, go to the download page.
Build 1.6.281 - August 12, 2014
- When you have previously used Stony Brook Modula-2 or ADW Modula-2, it is advised to install and try this new version in a test environment first.
- Before you install this version on a production machine, it is advised to remove any older version first.
- Because of copyright issues, the source code of the implementation modules (MOD files) of the runtime libraries (RTL) has been removed from the package. As a consequence, the RTL libraries also have been protected against modification.
- Tip: if you have been working with modified RTL modules it is advised to save the modified modules.
- The installer will install 2 versions of the compiler and RTL: a UNICODE and ASCII version. The UNICODE version treats CHAR as UCHAR as default for new projects, and all libraries haven been compiled with CHAR as Unicode character. Old projects may not work as expected when compiled with the UNICODE version; but the effort of reworking your projects for UNICODE is rewarding for your software users, especially in Asian countries.
Version 2.74 - August 2, 2013
- Corrected ResEdit
- Added Unicode support to library
- Correction in debugger when using Generic modules
- Correction of usage of arrays in Generic modules
- WinShell.mod: multiple corrections
- 64-bit code generation when using DIV and MOD on 8-bit values
Version 2.62 - April 15, 2013
- WholeStr.IntToStr() corrected.
- Corrected looping of compiler for non-existing imported projects
- Corrected invalid module management and invalid processor type in output script
- Corrected Unicode constants parsing. Changed SYM-files format.
- Several changes/improvements in WinShell.mod related to making/using forms
- Corrected bug (compiler hangs) when some error condition encountered during parsing of imports
- Corrected error (compiler hangs) when Compile button was double-clicked accidentally
- Increased maximum names limit from 64k to 128k names.
Important: SYM-files of existing projects should be deleted and DEF sources must be recompiled.
Version 2.42 - May 11, 2012
- Bug fix for compiling and loading 64-bit DLL's.
Version 2.38 - Mar 13, 2012
- Fixed a bug with some REAL functions on x64.
Version 2.31 - Jan 16, 2012
- Processing of SetFocus/FillFocus was corrected for controls. Some icons corrected.
- m2e, resedit corrected. m2e icons modified.
- New visual styles. Toolbar icon processing corrected for 24-bit icons.
Version 2.28 - Dec 8, 2011